Generation Why?

The personal blogg of a late-night scribbler...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Coventry, Warwickshire, United Kingdom

I am a 30 year old part-time English teacher and postgraduate student. I prefer red wine to white, cats to dogs and lazy Sunday mornings to any other kind of morning you care to mention. I have a love of tea, chocolate biscuits and rate Llamas as amongst the most entertaining of animals. Spiritually ambivalent and politically bewildered, I seem to spend a lot of time reading the news and getting unnecessarily anxious about it. Italian food, French cheese and pizza will always be met with smiles and is a sure fire way to win me over. My hair is a mess and I wear spectacles.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Norwegian Biscuits

Veshla's Biscuits

Ingredients:
0.5 Kg of Porridge oats (oatmeal)
Sesame Seeds
1 whole fresh egg (large)
Butter (1 third of a block of butter)
1 - 1.5 cups of hot water to bind
1 tsp of molases (optional for a sweeter taste. I prefer a more savory flavour).

Method

Before you begin pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C. (non-fan assisted).

1. Mix everything together in a large bowl.
2. Turn out mixture onto a clean surface and roll flat (approximately 5 mm).
3. Cut out biscuit shapes with an upturned glass.
4. Place shapes on an oiled backing tray or baking sheet.
5. Place them on the middle shelf of the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes. Shorter times for ovens with a fan.
6. Leave to cool.

These are so cheap and simply to make but are great as a snack on their own or as an accompaniment to soups etc. Good for dieting after the DaVinci Cookies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home