Generation Why?

The personal blogg of a late-night scribbler...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Coventry, Warwickshire, United Kingdom

I am a 30 year old part-time English teacher and postgraduate student. I prefer red wine to white, cats to dogs and lazy Sunday mornings to any other kind of morning you care to mention. I have a love of tea, chocolate biscuits and rate Llamas as amongst the most entertaining of animals. Spiritually ambivalent and politically bewildered, I seem to spend a lot of time reading the news and getting unnecessarily anxious about it. Italian food, French cheese and pizza will always be met with smiles and is a sure fire way to win me over. My hair is a mess and I wear spectacles.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

A late night with Neruda

For Neruda

And still I miss you
And again I think of oceans
When our lives went out
Like two hands in the night
Close to dawn and its murderous love
When I reach out to you
Drinking your soul like laughter
Begging you with a look

To forgive all you do not keep for yourself
For in dreams I have scarce left your side
Nor would I turn away had I but the chance
To let old regrets die
You who I wounded
Be good to me

I want your all, your everything
I want you always, to taste your blood upon my lips
Two smooth bodies drawn taught
Two rivers meeting by the sea
As if in a traveller’s dream
Where all roads lead back to you

And if I could
I would have you understand me
To show you how I’ve grown
And find my place beside your heart
Open new doors with old love renewed
Where bare foot children run
Calling familiar names

And you would find this a better man
Than the one you knew
A little wiser for being twice as broken
Who measures all love by you
Your long hair coiled around his heart
That in the struggle tightens
And cuts deeper to the sweater meat
That bleeds you name into his eternal soul

PCW June 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home