Generation Why?

The personal blogg of a late-night scribbler...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Coventry, Warwickshire, United Kingdom

I am a 30 year old part-time English teacher and postgraduate student. I prefer red wine to white, cats to dogs and lazy Sunday mornings to any other kind of morning you care to mention. I have a love of tea, chocolate biscuits and rate Llamas as amongst the most entertaining of animals. Spiritually ambivalent and politically bewildered, I seem to spend a lot of time reading the news and getting unnecessarily anxious about it. Italian food, French cheese and pizza will always be met with smiles and is a sure fire way to win me over. My hair is a mess and I wear spectacles.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Visitor Counters
Movies Gift Certificates

So I would take a pebble

I have never lived by the sea;
although one day I see a cottage
with old books and slack back chairs
in which to nestle a reader wearied

by the smell of seawrack blistering
in the sun, as she the sea empties her
old maid’s pockets upon the shore
as if the mark the farthest point

of her influence, darkly underlined
in the gathering sun of another day
where pebbles, wet as kidneys
bleach silently in quiet anonymity

beyond the thoughts of those who
pass by thinking this is just a spit
where land falls to the passing hands
of water and marks of lovers on the

sand who last night ran down to see
the moonlight and speak of romance
and how they would love each other
into old age, sharing their infirmities

bearing the other as a love against
the tides, so I would take a pebble
for my pocket, to keep to touch
to turn for you and all that might

have been, to share the child in me
to show you the things I cannot express
though I know you see them too
from your windows by the sea

PCW 2005

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I very much like this poem - but would like you to see how good you thik my attempt at poetry is...

Untitled...
Upon a night like last
Only further sunk in the past,
I dreamt I was a kangaroo
It's strange I know, but true.

The roo I was lived outback
But not sandy desert but black
See,I was a kangaroo of the night
My, friend I would have given you a fright.

I fed on innocent koalas
I hunted them in eucalyptus bars,
My policy was to truly charm
The poor bastards - not knowing I meant harm.

Leading them into the dark I would feed
Upon their throats that I made to bleed
But, a sad end my dream had
It was not of no consequence that I was so bad,

'Cos my fate was ultimately sealed
When after feeding, crossing my field
A Ute did appear before me
Filled with drunk hicks, yet I had yet to see
That this was the end, and
I was forever wiped from that black land.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home